Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Black Bean, Zucchini rice dish


Okay so I cook nearly everyday except most fridays and saturdays.  But when I do I love a good meal.  I'm always trying to find ways to sneak in those vegetables to my girls and with this dish I was a winner.

Black Beans and Zucchini
1 tblsp. of olive oil
1 large zucchini, quartered and chopped
1 medium bell-pepper, chopped
1 small yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1 15 oz can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can of Rotel tomatoes original
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 water
1 cup Jasmine Rice
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend

Cook 1 cup of Jasmine rice according to its package directions.  While the rice is cooking, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Add zucchini, bell pepper, onions and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.  Add beans and can of Rotel tomatoes.
Add Jasmine rice, water, salt and pepper to taste; stir well.  Cover and let simmer for about 10 minutes.  Sprinkle with cheese.  Makes 4 servings.

No comments: